Southern Angel's Jewelry FAQ Page
** | Main Jewelry Page | Jewelry Index | **
This is everything y'all wanted to know about my jewelry but forgot to ask, until, well, somebody else asked and then y'all said, "Oh yeah, I was gonna ask that!"
- How much is shipping?
I ship First Class/Parcel Post
and the cost of shipping is $3.50 for the first item and $0.25 for each
additional item. If you want Priority Shipping,
then shipping is $5.50 (for first item and $0.50 for each additional item).
- How do I know when my package will arrive?
I add Delivery Confirmation to every order. CURRENTLY, this $0.70 service is included in your shipping amount. As soon as I receive your payment, I'll package up, mail your merchandise, and then email you the delivery confirmation number. To track your order, visit www.USPS.com and key in the delivery confirmation number in the box labeled "TRACK & CONFIRM" on the right side of the page toward the top, and then press the "GO" button.
- What is your Return Policy?
My jewelry is quite unique, if you haven't noticed, and is not exchangeable or returnable unless there is damage during shipment. If your item does not meet your needs, please notify me within three (3) days of receipt for a refund or exchange. I'll refund the cost of the item only. I'm so sorry but I can't refund shipping fees because they are unrecoverable. No refunds will be given after three (3) days - I figure that's enough time to develop an opinion of the item. Please don't send the item back until you've contacted me (within the 3 day time frame, of course).
Yup, I only want your email and snail mail addresses to contact you and to mail you your order. I am much too ignorant to figure out how to collect IP whozzits and log visitor whazzits, so trust me, your contact information is quite safe! :o)
- Do you always use glass beads?
As far as glass beads go, I have used "regular" glass, lampwork and Czech glass beads.
- "Regular" Glass Beads. Wal-Mart has a nice selection of inexpensive and somewhat expensive glass beads, the majority of which are dyed glass beads.
- Lampwork Glass Beads. These are "knobby" beads that are made usually one-by-one by artisans. Lampworked beads are the most labor intensive of all glass beads and often the most expensive. They are gorgeous, and I have several vegetable-shaped lampwork beads that I'll be featuring soon.
- Czech Glass Beads. These beads are world-famous for quality, not only in beads, but other items including perfume bottles, vases, goblets, etc. Czech beads are made in the Czechoslovakian Republic and have the same vibrancy as the Swarovski crystal, and are supposed to be a cheaper but nicer alternative to Swarovski. However, I'm finding that the price of Czech glass is only slightly lower than Swarovski, like 2 to 10 cents a bead difference.
- Do you use gemstones?
So far, I have made earrings, necklaces, and bracelets using Snowflake Obsidian, Garnet, Peridot, Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Quartz (clear and rose), and Hematite. And will use more in the future.
- Why do you use glass beads and that Swarratsfeet crystal stuff instead of gemstones?
I love using Swarovski beads and what makes them so special is that Swarovski sets the standard for cut, clarity, brilliance, and consistency. Swarovski crystal is fired using a combination of natural minerals and quartz sand, and then cooled slowly to avoid stress and inclusions. I also love using Swarovski pearls. Made in Austria, Swarovski products are considered to be one of the finest products of their kind in the world. Unlike Czech glass, these are machine polished and are higher in cost than Czech Glass. They rival real pearls!
- Why don't you use other gems - are you some kind of whacko?
It depends on your definition of "whacko." And regarding other gems, I just haven't used them yet because I haven't needed their color yet. If you want something special, just let me know!
- Do you use real pearls?
So far, I've only used Swarovski Crystal Pearls because they are supposedly the best of
the best. Swarovski is the creator of the world's finest crystal and I've read that
Swarovski has created the world's finest faux (that's "fake" to us rednecks) pearls!
According to my seller, what gives the Swarovski pearls their exceptional look, weight,
and feel are:
- The glowing, natural-looking faux pearl coating is resistant to scratches, sun fading, perfumes, and perspiration -- it will not peel like the coating on glass pearls!
- Unlike other, glass based, faux pearls, these have genuine Austrian Swarovski Crystal as the center core.
- Nothing but real bonafide certified chicken-fried STERLING SILVER touches my ears, baby. Why don't you have any Sterling Silver components?
The biggest reason? They're so expensive! I'm still new at this jewelry makin' thang and being a "bonafide certified chicken fried penny pincher" I'd really hate to spend a bunch of money on some Sterling Silver wire, for example, and then mess it up and have to throw it away, also if I used all Sterling components, the price of the item will increase a bunch - like anywhere from $2 to possibly $10 for some items. HOWEVER, since so many folks have asked for Sterling, I will have some 'Premier' or as we call it around here, "Hooty Tooty" jewelry. So.... stay tuned for some Sterling Hooty Tooty Joolry!
- What does fire polished mean?
Fire-polishing produces a scratch-resistant bead with slightly rounded facets.
- If I find something I like, what do I do?
On the Order Form page, just type in your name and email address in the spots at the top of the page, then click the box next to the item(s) you want, and when you're finished, click the "Send Order" button at the bottom of the page and then I'll get back with you.
- How do I pay?
I take PayPal, eChecks, cash, Cashier Checks, and regular checks. However, your payment must
clear the bank before I send your merchandise.
- My ears ain't pierced, can I get a clip-on version of a pierced earring?
Yes! Just tell me what you want in the Comments portion of the form above.
- I'd much rather have a different colored crystal/stone than the color used in a pair of earrings, can you change it?
Yes, if I have the color you want. If not, I can order it! If I have what you want, then I can definitely change it! You never know unless you ask!
- What's an ear-bob?
It's an earring!
- How long will it take to get my jewelry?
Any where from 1 to 4 days. I ship First Class mail with delivery confirmation so that we can track the package. Priority Shipping can run the same amount of time, 1 to 4 days, but usually takes 2 days.
- Is this all the jewelry you have?
No, not really. I'm constantly coming up with new ideas for new items. Check back often!
- Are the colors in the photos true to their real color?
I ain't a photographer and for the life of me, I haven't been able to get a decent shot of my stuff until I gave up and started scanning them in! This way still won't show y'all the brillance of some of the colors. To help get the right idea of the Swarovski colors, visit Fusion Beads.
- Do you have a warranty or guarantee on your work?
Yes. I want y'all to be happy with my work and I'll do all I can to keep y'all happy!
My handmade jewelry is guaranteed for as long as I'm able to fix things. So, if your jewelry breaks during the
course of normal wear*, I will repair it free. However, this does not include the costs of shipping
and any bead (or other material) replacement. I will fix or replace it for the best price I can!
- Well, this "FAQ" section didn't answer my question(s) - can I just email you instead of using this form?
Yup! Contact me HERE!
**Note: I'll get your contact information later when I process your order. And - as always - your personal information is safe. I don't sell addresses (email, snail mail, etc.) or whatever. I use them to contact you and then forget them. :)
Copyright ©2011 Angela Gillaspie
Revised - 7/11/11
Home URL: http://www.SouthernAngel.com